Suns rookie Deandre Ayton receives first career ejection
Phoenix Suns rookie center Deandre Ayton was ejected from Saturday’s game against the New Orleans Pelicans, the first of his career, after receiving his second technical foul.
Ayton was issued a first technical in the second quarter after arguing a foul called on him when guarding Pelicans center Jahlil Okafor.
The No. 1 overall pick’s ejection was issued with a minute left in the third quarter while Ayton was on the bench. He appeared to to have choice words toward the officials.
Ayton finished the game with eight points and five rebounds in 22 minutes for the Suns.
His eight points is his second-lowest point total in his first season after he finished with two points on March 13 against the Utah Jazz — a game in which Ayton gave himself an “F-” grade for his performance.
- Mikal Bridges gets his revenge, takes down 76ers with Suns on NBA 2K20
- Suns beat Wizards in 2K20 simulation on Twitch stream
- Finding the silver linings in a sports world without sports
- “Ko-be! Ko-be!” Bryant’s last trip to Phoenix was memorable for Booker, fans
- Suns great Charles Barkley tests negative for coronavirus