Kevin Love pays tribute to Channing Frye with throwback Arizona jersey
It’s been quite an NBA career for former Arizona Wildcats star Channing Frye.
On Sunday, Kevin Love showed his appreciation for his Cleveland Cavaliers teammate by donning a throwback jersey of Frye’s from Arizona upon entering the game against the San Antonio Spurs.
— Cleveland Cavaliers (@cavs) April 7, 2019
The gesture was a nice touch for Frye, who is retiring after this season following a 14-year NBA career.
Sunday’s game was the final home game for Frye and he started the game in favor of Love, a UCLA product.
Frye starred at Arizona from 2001-05 before being selected as the No. 8 overall pick in the 2005 NBA Draft.
- The 5: Most impactful Suns free agent signings since Steve Nash
- Arizona sophomore Devonaire Doutrive walks back transfer plans
- Arizona junior G Alex Barcello announces he will transfer
- Nevada transfer Jordan Brown picks Arizona over ASU, others
- Sun Devils, Wildcats and other Arizona-linked MLB Draft picks