Throwback: Arizona athletes on the cover of ESPN The Magazine
The news broke this week that ESPN The Magazine, which first came out in 1998, would print for the last time later this year as journalism increasingly shifts to digital platforms.
“The only change here is that we are moving away from printing it on paper and sending it in the mail, following September’s release of The Body Issue,” ESPN said in a statement. “Our data shows the vast majority of readers already consume our print journalism on digital platforms, and this approach will maximize our reach and impact.”
But days of getting the magazine in the mail are gone.
And over the years, many, many athletes have graced those covers.
So we looked back at the many times an athlete with ties to Arizona was on the front of ESPN The Magazine.
See the gallery above to look through past covers and get a taste of nostalgia.
- ‘Every day I walked in here to play’: Taurasi, Griner reflect on 2019 season
- Diana Taurasi doubtful as Mercury head to playoffs
- Griner, Mitchell combine for 58 points in win over New York Liberty
- Chicago Sky pull away late to beat Phoenix Mercury 94-86
- Phoenix Mercury’s Griner, other players receive suspensions from WNBA