Kliff Kingsbury hangs with Tom Brady’s crew at the Kentucky Derby
Tradition is prominent at the annual Kentucky Derby, but one of the most non-traditional head coaching hires in recent Valley history was spotted enjoying the event.
Arizona Cardinals head coach Kliff Kingsbury was spotted in a photo posted on Twitter by New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady.
*Insert gif of me yelling Let’s Go below* pic.twitter.com/1yRGoDk9MU
— Tom Brady (@TomBrady) May 4, 2019
Kingsbury was actually the person in the photo directly next to the Super Bowl-winning quarterback’s throwing arm.
Looking quite dapper in a pink pastel shirt, Kingsbury and Brady were joined in the photo by fellow NFLers Jimmy Garoppolo, Jacoby Brissett, Matt Cassel and Mike Vrabel, among others.
Kingsbury, Cassel, Garoppolo and Brissett were all Brady’s back ups at one point in their careers.
Of all there is to absorb in the photo, Kingsbury’s blue suede shoes seem to have garnered much of the attention.
Kingsbury went with the pastels and blue shoes. Very Derby of him. https://t.co/z4tKLf10QS
— Josh Weinfuss (@joshweinfuss) May 4, 2019
Is Kliff Kingsbury allowed to wear blue shoes? Is there not a clause in his new contract that requires him to wear red? https://t.co/xMRosr8EFo
— Steve Zinsmeister (@Steve_Zins) May 4, 2019
— Jeremie Poplin (@jeremiepoplin) May 4, 2019
— Arizona Cardinals (@AZCardinals) May 4, 2019
- Kliff Kingsbury has entire NFL circling Cardinals on the calendar
- It’s very clear NFL old heads like Rex Ryan don’t like Kliff Kingsbury
- Arizona Cardinals offense far from a finished product in preseason
- Raiders’ Joyner wants to run Cardinals ‘pretty-boy’ offense out of NFL
- Kliff Kingsbury is in love with football: Ask him or ESPN’s Joe Tessitore