Phoenix Mercury receive visit from Lakers great Kobe Bryant
The Phoenix Mercury got a surprise visitor ahead of their regular season opener next Saturday against the Seattle Storm.
Kobe Bryant stopped by the Mercury locker room and snapped some pictures with several players including Britney Griner and Diana Taurasi.
Sneak peek at our day pic.twitter.com/Ex3NEo5wKC
— Phoenix Mercury (@PhoenixMercury) May 18, 2019
The Mercury look to improve their fifth-place regular season finish last season. Phoenix took Seattle to a decisive Game 5 in the semifinals of last year’s WNBA playoffs but lost on the road. Seattle went on to win the WNBA Championship in a three-game sweep of the Washington Mystics.
This year, the Mercury have won both preseason games and look to make another run at a championship in Taurasi’s 14th season in the league.
That Kobe guy might know something about championships, he won five NBA titles with the Los Angeles Lakers.
— #WNBAKicks (@WNBAKicks) May 18, 2019
- Mercury deal January, acquire Breland and Coffey in 3-team trade
- NBA renames All-Star Game MVP award for Kobe Bryant
- Phoenix Mercury have the new big 3 to see, GM Pitman says
- Cardinals’ Keim, Mercury’s Pitman and more: Best of Newsmakers Week Day 5
- Brittney Griner, Phoenix Mercury agree to multi-year extension