C is for Cubs: Cookie Monster does 7th inning stretch at Wrigley
The Cookie Monster turned out to be a great omen for the Chicago Cubs today.
The Cubs invited the Sesame Street star out to sing the seventh inning stretch during today’s game at Wrigley Field against the Atlanta Braves.
Cookie Monster sang the seventh inning stretch and declared that “C is for Cubbies,” which the crowd loved.
BUY ME SOME COOKIES AND C🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪KIES! pic.twitter.com/EbodOM1Fb3
— Chicago Cubs (@Cubs) June 27, 2019
— Cookie Monster (@MeCookieMonster) June 27, 2019
Cookie Monster almost stole the show during the match up. Heading into the bottom of the fourth, the Cubs trailed 6-1.
Cubs pitcher Craig Kimbrel pitched an inning and had one strike out in his first game.
Chicago went on to beat the Braves 9-7.
- Would a Robbie Ray, Kyle Schwarber trade make Arizona a playoff team?
- D-backs face deep field of competition for a Wild Card playoff spot
- Benches clear between D-backs, Cubs after hit batter
- Diamondbacks offense continues to roll at home in win over Cubs
- Cubs’ Anthony Rizzo makes donation to Phoenix Children’s Hospital