Chandler Jones supports champion brother Jon Jones at UFC 239
UFC 239 was headlined by two title fights, including Arizona Cardinals defensive end Chandler Jones’ brother, Jon Jones.
Chandler was a ringside presence for his older brother, who retained his title belt by beating Thiago Santos in a split decision, despite injuring his leg in the process.
The Cardinals’ Jones helped carry his champion brother out of the ring after receiving the belt and listening to Bruce Buffer bellow out the “and still!” call.
Cardinals LB Chandler Jones helped his brother Jon Jones out of the cage after he retained the title at #UFC239.
Then they celebrated ✊
— B/R Gridiron (@brgridiron) July 7, 2019
Chandler also helped his brother celebrate following the win on the champ’s party bus, dancing to Chingy’s 2003 hit song “Right Thurr.”
Jones was also present at the weigh-in event for his brother and has been a ring side presence for his brother in the past.
Jon Jones set a UFC record with his 16th consecutive win, tying a record set by Anderson Silva in 2012. It was also his 13th win in a title fight, tying a record held by Georges St-Pierre.
- Cardinals’ Chandler Jones left off NFL’s top 100 players list
- Cardinals’ Larry Fitzgerald, Patrick Peterson make NFL Network’s Top 100
- Cardinals pre-camp preview: OLBs Jones, Suggs expected to attack
- CBS Sports analyst includes trio of Cardinals in 2019 top 100 players
- Cardinals’ Chandler Jones sees benefit, opportunity in mini-camp