Brittney Griner leads Mercury in back-to-back wins over Dallas Wings
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — Brittney Griner had 17 points and eight rebounds, DeWanna Bonner added 14 points, and the Phoenix Mercury beat the Dallas Wings 70-66 on Saturday night.
Leilani Mitchell added 13 points and hit three free throws with 19.9 seconds left to give the Mercury (9-8) a 67-63 lead.
Bonner split a pair of free throws with 14.2 seconds left and Griner made two foul shots with 8.5 seconds left to seal the victory.
The Wings (5-14) had a brief rally late after missing their first 13 field-goal attempts of the fourth quarter and falling behind 62-56.
Glory Johnson broke the field-goal drought with a driving layup and Theresa Plaisance followed with a 3-pointer to cut the deficit to one with 1:28 left.
Kayla Thornton had 16 points, Johnson added 15 and Plaisance had 10 for Dallas.
The Mercury beat the Wings 69-64 in Phoenix on Wednesday.
- Phoenix Mercury center Brittney Griner named to All-WNBA First Team
- Mercury guard Leilani Mitchell named WNBA Most Improved Player
- Mercury’s Brianna Turner named to WNBA All-Rookie Team
- ‘Every day I walked in here to play’: Taurasi, Griner reflect on 2019 season
- Mercury fall to Sky, eliminated from WNBA playoffs