Cardinals DE Darius Philon arrested for aggravated assault
PHOENIX — Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Darius Philon was arrested Friday, according to the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office website.
Philon was booked for one count of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. The details of the arrest were unknown as of Saturday morning.
Philon had one combined tackle for the Cardinals in their first preseason game Thursday. The team is scheduled to practice Saturday afternoon.
He previously signed a two-year deal worth $10 million with the Arizona Cardinals.
- Cardinals OT Marcus Gilbert is ‘high risk,’ opts out of 2020 season
- Arizona Cardinals release 3 undrafted rookies
- Cardinals’ Kyler Murray a top-15 signal caller in quarterback tier ranking
- Cardinals’ Isaiah Simmons stays home, in life and virtual ILB meetings
- Cardinals LB Chandler Jones comes in at No. 15 in NFL Top 100