Cardinals DE Darius Philon arrested for aggravated assault
PHOENIX — Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Darius Philon was arrested Friday, according to the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office website.
Philon was booked for one count of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. The details of the arrest were unknown as of Saturday morning.
Philon had one combined tackle for the Cardinals in their first preseason game Thursday. The team is scheduled to practice Saturday afternoon.
He previously signed a two-year deal worth $10 million with the Arizona Cardinals.
- NFL.com’s Jeremiah: Cardinals use No. 8 pick on OL Tristan Wirfs
- Arizona Cardinals roster reset: Roles and depth to fill after 2019
- Here are the Arizona sports connections on Super Bowl LIV teams
- ESPN’s Seifert makes case for Kenyan Drake’s high value as free agent RB
- Carson Palmer: Cardinals ‘system might not be built’ for David Johnson