Trivia Tuesday: Leading postseason HR hitters for each franchise
Once upon a time, the Major League Baseball postseason consisted of the World Series — a best-of-7 showdown between the champions of the American and National Leagues.
Now, it’s totally different.
With Wild Card games, Divisional Series and Championship Series all preceding the Fall Classic, there’s more opportunity than ever for players to rack up postseason home runs.
That being said, your Trivia Tuesday challenge this week is to name the postseason HR leader for each MLB franchise. Using the above paragraphs for context, yes, most teams’ leaders have played in recent years/decades.
We’ve given you the team name and the number of playoff homers he hit, all you have to do is name the player.
A couple hints — the Cubs have tri-leaders, while the Blue Jays and Mariners have co-leaders (each is displayed on his own line.) One player on this list represents two different franchises.
You’ve got eight minutes — good luck!
- MLB economic plan proposes highest-paid players take substantial pay cut
- Trivia Tuesday: Match the MLB slugger to the last team he homered for
- Coronavirus timeline: EuroLeague cancels remainder of season
- ESPN ranks D-backs’ designated hitter options in Cron, Lamb
- Coronavirus pandemic putting Major League Baseball’s flaws on full display