D-backs rookie Josh Rojas crushes first major league home run
The Litchfield Park-native had a memorable milestone Friday night.
In the bottom of the seventh, D-backs rookie Josh Rojas stepped to the plate.
With a 2-0 count and trailing 4-2, Rojas took an inside pitch 373 feet to right field.
It marked his first major league home run.
Rojas’ home run tied the game and opened the door for Tim Locastro to score the game winning run in the eighth inning on a balk.
It was the second home run of the night after Eduardo Escobar had a two-run home run in the sixth.
Rojas finished the night going 2-for-3 with two hits. Through 14 games with the team, he’s batting .205 with eight hits and five runs.
- D-backs have two of decade’s most accomplished minor-league teams
- Where will D-backs All-Star Ketel Marte finish in the MVP race?
- Arizona Diamondbacks reveal new Nike uniforms for 2020 season
- What options do D-backs have to address position of need in RF?
- Former Arizona Diamondback Zack Greinke wins Silver Slugger Award