It’s all-white, sustainable uniforms for ASU football at UCLA
The Arizona State Sun Devils will face UCLA in Los Angeles on Saturday for the Bruins’ homecoming game making sure to contrast themselves from the blue and gold.
ASU is rolling into Pasadena, Calif., in clean, all-white uniforms.
Atop the Sun Devils’ head will be a white helmet with dual maroon pitchforks that accent the numbering and lettering on the jerseys. The shoulders of those jerseys feature a well-defined, maroon Arizona state flag.
The set of all-white uniforms is new for 2019. The “Selfless” alternates use little dye and are made of adidas’ Econyl Yarn.
The only gold that might appear will be on the palms of the gloves.
Arizona State enters the game 5-2 on the season and coming off a 21-3 loss against the Utah Utes. Their opponent, the UCLA Bruins, are 2-5 on the season but last week went on the road to defeat Stanford, 34-16.
The game kicks off at 4:30 p.m. and will air on ESPN 620 AM.
- Sun Bowl official messes up, calls Arizona State the ‘Wildcats’
- ASU football to play Florida State in the Sun Bowl on New Year’s Eve
- FootballScoop: More candidates emerge for ASU football’s open OC job
- Bobby Hurley expects a lot more scoring from ASU this season
- ASU has on-paper advantage, but anything is possible in Territorial Cup