NAU fails to hold onto lead in blowout loss to Eastern Washington
CHENEY, Wash. (AP) — Eric Barriere threw for 367 yards and three touchdowns, ran for 101 and another score and Eastern Washington overwhelmed Northern Arizona 66-38 on Saturday.
Antoine Custer ran for 139 yards and three touchdowns as the Eagles (4-5, 3-2 Big Sky Conference) piled up 706 yards, the fifth most in school history behind the record 769 from a win over Lindenwood earlier this year.
Barriere went 29-of-38 for his seventh 300-yard game and ran the ball 10 times. He also caught a 20-yard pass. Talolo Limu-Jones had eight receptions for 147 yards, including a 75-yard touchdown.
The Lumberjacks (4-5, 2-3) were leading 14-10 when Custer capped three-straight drives with touchdowns and EWU went up 31-14.
The teams swapped scores after that until Andrew Katzenberg followed a Barriere TD pass with a 77-yard fumble return to give EWU a 59-31 lead heading into the fourth quarter.
Case Cookus was 30-of-46 for 356 yards and two touchdowns for NAU with Brandon Porter hauling in eight catches for 111 yards and two touchdowns. Joe Logan ran for 120 yards and three touchdowns as the Lumberjacks had 497 yards on offense.
- Northern Arizona football falls to Idaho in overtime on Senior Day
- Arizona Wildcats dominate NAU Lumberjacks in season opener
- Northern Arizona wins on field goal in close game against Portland State
- CBS Sports ranks every Division I basketball team, Arizona best in state
- Northern Arizona falls to Weber State after lopsided 2nd half