Trivia Tuesday: Suns with 150 or more three-pointers in a season
Fun fact: When the NBA introduced the three-point shot in time for the 1979-80 season, the Phoenix Suns ranked ninth in the league by making 68 threes … all season long.
In their first nine games of the 2019-2020 season, the Suns again rank ninth in the NBA, but they’ve already hit 119 from behind the arc.
Anyway, that’s the gist of this week’s Trivia Tuesday challenge. Can you name the players who have connected on 150 or more three-pointers in a single season while wearing the purple and orange?
It’s happened 22 times in team history — and no, that doesn’t mean 22 different players accomplished the feat.
We’ve given you the season, the number of triples and seven minutes on the clock. Some will be easy to remember, some not so much.
- Remembering Kobe: Colangelo, Hurley and more share Mamba memories
- After Kobe Bryant’s death, Suns fans can admit they miss their enemy
- Devin Booker puts up 36 points, Suns drop close game to Grizzlies
- Rapid Reactions: How Suns fans will remember NBA legend Kobe Bryant
- Kobe Bryant’s passing rare instance of Phoenix sports feeling empathy for LA