ASU’s Romello White leaves game due to right ankle sprain, did not return
Arizona State junior forward Romello White left Saturday’s 98-81 win vs. Texas Southern after suffering a right ankle sprain and did not return.
With about 12 minutes to go in the first half, White was tripped up from behind by a defender running across the baseline.
The junior immediately went down and required assistance from his teammates in order to get to the locker room.
Coming into the contest, White had been averaging a double-double of 12.5 points and 11 rebounds per game, the latter of which is the best in the Pac-12. He finished with two points, one assist and one steal in eight minutes.
White’s departure put the Sun Devils and Hurley thin at the forward position for the remainder of the game, as freshman Jalen Graham and junior Andre Allen were unavailable on Saturday.
ASU led Texas Southern 48-33 at halftime before going on to clinch the 98-81 victory.
- By the numbers: Arizona State basketball first in Pac-12
- ASU erases 22-point deficit, edges out Arizona in second half
- ASU’s season still alive in upcoming rivalry game against Arizona
- ASU offense trending upward as rematch with Arizona looms
- Who’s got next? ASU working through inconsistent 3rd scoring option