Northern Arizona requires OT in road win at Idaho State
POCATELLO, Idaho (AP) — Cameron Shelton scored 24 points and Bernie Andre added 20 points and seven rebounds as Northern Arizona defeated Idaho State 88-87 in overtime on Thursday night.
Cameron Satterwhite had 19 points and eight rebounds for NAU (13-8, 7-5 Big Sky Conference). Brooks DeBisschop added 15 points, seven rebounds and three blocks.
Shelton’s fastbreak layup with one second left in regulation tied the game at 80 and Satterwhite’s short jumper with 54 seconds left in the extra period proved to be the game’s final points.
Neither team led by more than three points after the four-minute mark of the second half and the lead changed hands five times in overtime.
Malik Porter had 21 points and Tarik Cool scored 20 for Idaho State (6-15, 3-9), who have lost seven consecutive games. Austin Smellie had 13 points and nine assists.
Idaho State defeated Northern Arizona 71-67 on Jan. 11.
NAU plays at Weber State on Saturday.
- NAU removes interim label, names Shane Burcar men’s basketball coach
- NAU’s Bernie Andre leads Lumberjacks to blowout win over Idaho Vandals
- Bernie Andre’s season-high not enough as Weber St. takes down NAU
- Davison leads Eastern Washington past Northern Arizona
- Shelton scores 29 to carry Northern Arizona past Idaho