Arizona Cardinals release 4 rookies who signed as undrafted free agents
The Arizona Cardinals announced on Sunday that they had released four players, all of whom were rookies that joined the team as undrafted free agents.
Tight end Ryan Becker, offensive lineman Steven Gonzalez, cornerback Zane Lewis and defensive lineman Adam Shuler were released.
Becker attended Southern Methodist University. The 6-foot-5, 245-pound tight end had 16 total catches for 198 yards and five touchdowns in his SMU career.
Gonzalez, from Penn State, earned All-Big Ten second-team honors as a senior and was an honorable mention as a junior.
Lewis had 45 tackles, 15 passes defended and an interception in his senior season at Air Force.
Shuler attended West Virginia for three years before transferring to Florida and playing there for two years. Over those two seasons at Florida, he had 68 tackles, 8.5 tackles for loss and 5.0 sacks.
NFL team rosters must be cut to 53 players by Saturday.
- D.K. Metcalf’s unbelievable effort saves TD, Cardinals still manage win
- Kliff Kingsbury calls sequence leading to missed OT kick a ‘complete debacle’
- Cardinals LB Isaiah Simmons breaks seal, seals Sunday win vs. Seahawks
- Rapid Reactions: Cardinals win OT thriller vs. Seahawks on SNF
- Kyler Murray outduels Russell Wilson, Cardinals down Seahawks in OT