Suns add former T-Wolves assistant Brian Randle to Monty Williams’ staff
The Phoenix Suns have added a member to Monty Williams’ coaching staff.
Brian Randle, who was a Minnesota Timberwolves player development coach last season, will be a Suns assistant coach, the team confirmed Tuesday.
Randle was a Timberwolves assistant video coordinator before becoming a player development coach, according to the Journal Star.
He played four years of college basketball at Illinois. Randle then went overseas to play professionally in Germany, Israel and Italy for 10 seasons. He is an Israeli League champion and was named the best defender in the league three times.
The 35-year-old now joins a Suns team looking to maintain momentum off an 8-0 NBA bubble experience and try to make the playoffs under Devin Booker for the first time.
Assistant coaches Steve Blake and Larry Greer left the Suns in July.
Willie Green, Darko Rajakovic, Mark Bryant and Randy Ayers remain as assistant coaches listed on the Suns’ roster.
- Phoenix Suns to pick up option on wing Abdel Nader
- Phoenix Suns re-sign guard Jevon Carter to 3-year deal
- Suns PF Jae Crowder already chopping it up with Chris Paul, Devin Booker
- Original Valley Boy Kelly Oubre Jr. issues farewell to Suns fans
- Dario Saric agrees to re-sign with Phoenix Suns on 3-year deal