Alonzo Verge Jr. out for Arizona State vs. Houston Baptist
Arizona State senior guard Alonzo Verge Jr. is out on Sunday against Houston Baptist, per SunDevilSource.com.
No other information was provided pregame besides Verge being out due to non-disciplinary reasons.
In two games this season, Verge is averaging 15.0 points, 5.5 rebounds and 3.0 assists per game. Verge had 22 points in the Sun Devils’ 83-74 loss to No. 3 Villanova on Friday.
Verge entered his name into the NBA Draft after his junior season with ASU, his first in Tempe, before deciding to return for his last year of eligibility.
Without Verge in the starting lineup, head coach Bobby Hurley elected to start freshman guard Josh Christopher alongside senior guard Remy Martin. That led to a more traditional lineup of junior forward Taeshon Cherry taking Verge’s spot, with freshman wing Marcus Bagley and sophomore big Jalen Graham filling out the full five.
- ASU’s Alonzo Verge Jr. set to return, Marcus Bagley likely out vs. SDSU
- Report: ASU guard Alonzo Verge Jr. returns to practice on Saturday
- NBA Draft early-entry withdrawal date pushed back due to coronavirus
- Alonzo Verge’s move to bench helped spark ASU’s Pac-12 run
- Arizona State drops 3rd straight to Washington, Martin cold in loss