The Arizona Cardinals announced Tuesday that they had signed cornerback Jonte Green and released cornerback Damond Smith.
Green is a 6-foot, 184-pound defensive back who has played in 24 games (seven starts) since being selected by the Detroit Lions in the sixth round of the 2012 NFL Draft. The New Mexico State product was released by the Buffalo Bills on April 25.
He has 38 career tackles with one sack and an interception in his three-year career. He did not play in an NFL game last season, and took part in the Cardinals’ rookie mini-camp on a tryout basis following this year’s NFL Draft. He will wear No. 42.
Smith was originally signed by the Cardinals on Feb. 26. He had previously spent time on the Kansas City Chiefs’ practice squad and played for the Canadian Football League’s B .C. Lions during the 2013 season
- Report: Arizona Cardinals hire former Broncos DB coach Greg Williams
- A list of Kliff Kingsbury’s haters and skeptics
- Kiper’s 1st NFL mock: Bosa might be too good for Cardinals to pass up
- Arizona Sports NFL Mock Draft Tracker: Who’s next for the Cards at No. 1?
- Report: Former Cardinals DC Al Holcomb hired by Browns