Arizona Coyotes announce training camp, Rookie Faceoff schedules
The Arizona Coyotes announced that rookie camp begins on Friday, Sept. 14.
There will be an hourlong practice at Ice Den Scottsdale from 2 to 3 p.m. MST. They’ll have another hourlong skate the following day, before heading to San Jose for a Rookie Faceoff from Sept. 16 to 19.
They’ll play three games in four days.
- 4:30 p.m. MST on Sept. 16 against the Vegas Golden Knights
- 4:30 p.m. MST on Sept. 17 against the Anaheim Ducks
- 10 a.m. MST on Sept. 19 against the Colorado Avalanche
Rookie Faceoff roster
Forwards: Cole Cormier, Drew Elliott, Conor Geekie, Dylan Guenther, Jakub Hujer, Milos Kelemen, Liam Kirk, Manix Landry, Julian Lutz, Jack McBain, Ben McCartney, Ryan McGregor, Adam Mechura, Nathan Smith, Colin Theisen, Markus Vidicek, Reece Vitelli
Defensemen: Keaton Dowhaniuk, Logan Dowhaniuk, Gerard Keane, Noah Laaouan, Jeremy Langlois, Lleyton Moore, Maksymilian Szuber, Ben Zloty
Goaltenders: Colton Point, David Tendeck, Anson Thornton
Training camp dates
Veterans arrive to training camp for medicals, media availability and fitness testing on Sept. 21. Their first on-ice practice is the following day at Ice Den Scottsdale, where all of their on-ice practices during training camp will take place.
They open up their preseason slate of games at 5 p.m. MST on Sept. 24 against the St. Louis Blues at INTRUST Bank Arena in Wichita, Kan.
The preseason schedule is fully released.
- 5 p.m. MST on Sept. 24 against the St. Louis Blues
- 2 p.m. MST on Sept. 25 against the Anaheim Ducks*
- 5 p.m. MST on Sept. 27 against the Dallas Stars
- 7 p.m. MST on Sept. 28 against the Anaheim Ducks
- 7 p.m. MST on Oct. 4 against the Vegas Golden Knights
- 7 p.m. MST on Oct. 7 against the Vancouver Canucks
- 5 p.m. MST on Oct. 8 against the Vegas Golden Knights
* – TCC Arena in Tucson — only preseason game held in Arizona.
The Coyotes are coming off a season where they went 25-50-7. Their 57 points were the second-fewest in the NHL and the fewest in the Western Conference.