Coyotes reveal Desert Night jersey designed by Rhuigi Villaseñor
Jan 18, 2023, 9:41 AM | Updated: 9:43 am
(Photo via Arizona Coyotes)
The Arizona Coyotes on Wednesday dropped a new alternate jersey created by fashion designer Rhuigi Villaseñor.
The Desert Night uniform will be worn 14 times, including on Sunday in a home game at Mullett Arena against the Vegas Golden Knights.
“My inspiration for the third jersey came from the environment, the community, the colors, and the clay – roots of the AZ Culture. I feel honored to pioneer with the Coyotes the reimagining of the sport alongside culture and design,” Villaseñor said in a release.
The burgundy colorway serves as the background of a sand-colored font reading “Arizona” that is plastered on the front of the jerseys. A shooting star — a nod to the night hunts of the coyote and a feature of the Arizona state flag — dots the “i” and strikes through the “A” with its tail.
The Coyotes’ half-moon logo appears on the captaincy patches of the new jerseys.
“We are so excited to introduce our new third jersey, which complements our already classic Kachina sweater, and provides our amazing fans with even more to be excited about,” Coyotes chief brand officer Alex Meruelo Jr. said in a release.
“Rhuigi did an incredible job capturing the essence of Arizona with this design, and we can’t wait to see our players and fans wearing these great jerseys the rest of this season, and beyond.”
Villaseñor, who is the founder of the streetwear brand Rhude, also serves as a creative director for Bally.
The Coyotes brought him on in October 2022 to collaborate on team apparel, including the third jerseys.
Coyotes Desert Night jersey Schedule
• Sunday, January 22 vs. Vegas Golden Knights
• Sunday, February 19 vs. Columbus Blue Jackets
• Sunday, February 26 vs. Nashville Predators
• Friday, March 3 vs. Carolina Hurricanes
• Sunday, March 5 vs. New Jersey Devils
• Thursday, March 9 vs. Nashville Predators
• Sunday, March 12 vs. Minnesota Wild
• Thursday, March 16 vs. Vancouver Canucks
• Saturday, March 18 vs. Chicago Blackhawks
• Sunday, March 26 vs. Colorado Avalanche
• Friday, March 31 vs. Dallas Stars
• Saturday, April 1 vs. San Jose Sharks
• Saturday, April 8 vs. Anaheim Ducks
• Thursday, April 13 vs. Vancouver Canucks