Arizona State will induct seven more members into their Sun Devil Athletics Hall of Fame. The induction will take place on Saturday, Oct. 10 at halftime of the ASU vs. Colorado football game.
The six former athletes are Dustin Pedroia (baseball), Derek Hagan (football), Ike Diogu (basketball), Chaz Reavie (men’s golf), Agnes Kovacs (women’s swimming) and Joona Puhakka (men’s diving). Former men’s golf coach Randy Lein will also be inducted.
Pedroia hit .384 in his Sun Devil career and was a two-time national defensive player of the year. He was the 2008 American League MVP, a four-time All-Star, four-time Gold Glover, and two-time World Series Champion.
Hagan previously held the Pac-12 record for career receptions with 258, ranks second all-time in the conference with 3,939 yards, and broke five school records. He was selected in the third round of the NFL draft by the Miami Dolphins and played for eight years in the league.
Diogu was a All-Pac-10 performer all three seasons he played in Tempe. He was the first Sun Devil to earn a second-team All-American spot and also the first Pac-10 player to lead the league in scoring, rebounding, and blocks. He was drafted ninth overall in the 2005 NBA draft and played six seasons in the league.
- Toledo transfer Marreon Jackson commits to Arizona State basketball
- Arizona State’s Josh Christopher declares for 2021 NBA Draft
- ASU will allow limited fan attendance at spring football practice
- By the numbers: A look at Remy Martin’s career at ASU
- ‘Battle-tested’ Sun Devils ready to fight for their Pac-12 Tournament lives