The Arizona Cardinals cut four different players Friday, including QB Phillip Sims according to reports.
Sims thanked the Cardinals organization on social media Friday.
ESPN’s Josina Anderson reported that DE Matt Shaughnessy and RBs Paul Lasike and Robert Hughes were cut.
Cardinals coach Bruce Arians said cuts will officially be announced Saturday.
Sims battled with QB Logan Thomas for the third-string quarterback position. He went 14-for-22 with 101 yards passing and one touchdown in Thursday’s preseason win against the Denver Broncos.
Shaughnessy played two seasons in Arizona, amassing 53 tackles and three sacks.
Hughes played for the team last season and had 7 rushes for 11 yards with 8 receptions for 140 yards.
The Cardinals must get their roster down to 53 players by 1 p.m. Saturday.
- Cardinals OL Humphries plans to spend entire career with team
- Cardinals’ Kingsbury gets fantasy anger over David Johnson’s injury
- What CB Patrick Peterson had to do with the Cardinals’ 8 sacks
- Cardinals’ Chandler Jones not worried about being underrated
- Reports: Jay Ajayi among 3 RBs to work out for Cardinals