Arizona Cardinals running back Kerwynn Williams re-signed with the practice squad Wednesday after being released from the active roster Tuesday.
This is just one in a series of back-and-forths for Williams — he was promoted from the practice squad to the active roster one day before the Cardinals’ game against the Chicago Bears. He had been on the practice squad since Sept. 5 when he was first cut from the active roster.
Williams, 5-foot-eight, 198-pounds, played in five December games for the Cards last season and recorded 246 rushing yards on 53 carries for a 4.6 yard average. He had one carry for three yards in last week’s game against the Bears.
- Cardinals announce 2019 training camp open practice schedule
- CBS Sports analyst includes trio of Cardinals in 2019 top 100 players
- NFL.com: Cardinals’ Christian Kirk picked as 1st-time Pro Bowler in 2019
- Cardinals’ Robert Nkemdiche arrested for traffic-related infractions
- NFL.com: Cardinals’ David Johnson near bottom of starting running backs