Facts and figures from Arizona Cardinals’ loss to Pittsburgh Steelers
The Arizona Cardinals fell to 4-2 on the season with a 25-13 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers Sunday at Heinz Field.
Here are some interesting facts and figures from the contest:
• This was just the third time the Cardinals have played the Steelers in Pittsburgh since the 1970 merger. The Steelers are 3-0 in those games, having beaten the Cardinals 23-10 on Oct. 20, 1985 at Three Rivers Stadium and 28-15 on Nov. 9, 2005.
• Martavis Bryant’s 88-yard touchdown in the fourth quarter was the longest scoring play against the Cardinals since the last time these two teams faced each other. In that game, Oct. 23, 2011 in Glendale, Ben Roethlisberger hit Mike Wallace on a 95-yard touchdown strike in the second quarter. The Steelers went on to win the game 32-20.
• The Cardinals were 1-for-4 in red zone opportunities Sunday. In their four wins, the Cardinals have scored touchdowns in 16-of-17 chances inside the opponent’s 20-yard line. In their two losses, they’re 2-for-9 in the same category.
• Pittsburgh’s Landry Jones had a QB rating of 149.3 in his NFL debut against the Cardinals. That rating is tied for the fourth-highest by a quarterback with 10 or more attempts against the Cardinals since they moved to Arizona in 1988.
– Alex Smith (SF) – 10/29/12 – 18-of-19 for 232 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INT (157.1 QB rating)
– Randall Cunningham (PHI) – 9/13/92 – 17-of-22 for 266 yards, 3 TDS, 0 INT (156.6 QB Rating)
– John Elway (DEN) – 11/5/95 – 16-of-21 for 256 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INT (156.0 QB Rating)
– Troy Aikman (DAL) – 9/20/92 – 14-of-21 for 263 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INT (149.3 QB Rating)
– Landry Jones (PIT) – 10/18/15 – 8-of-12 for 168 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INT (149.3 QB Rating)
• John Brown had 10 catches for a career-high 196 yards Sunday. That yardage total is the second-highest for a Cardinals receiver since they moved to the Valley. Anquan Boldin had 217 yards through the air in a Week 1 loss to the Detroit Lions in 2003.
• Carson Palmer threw for 421 yards against Pittsburgh — his eighth career 400-yard game and second for the Cardinals. Palmer’s team is 1-7 in those games. The only win came in 2013 when Arizona beat Jacksonville 27-14 behind Palmer’s 419 passing yards.