Former Phoenix Suns great Steve Nash will see his name join the Suns Ring of Honor during halftime Friday night. While the game is being played, Nash will see his face on the calves of the current Suns as they take on the Portland Trail Blazers.
According to a tweet from ESPN’s Marc Stein, the team will wear special edition Steve Nash socks from the league’s sock provider, Stance.
Nash, a two-time MVP, retired last year. He wore the purple and orange for 10 seasons between two different stints (1996-1998, 2004–2012).
Wednesday, for their season-opener against the Dallas Mavericks, they wore black and gray socks to go along with the new black uniforms.
In a video by Sole Access, equipment manager Jay Gaspar showed off the different socks the players will be wearing this year. Outside of the black, gray, orange and white for the Suns, Gaspar mentioned all NBA teams will also have socks for special occasions throughout the year.
Red, white and blue socks are expected in honor of Veterans Day. Special Christmas Day socks were also mentioned by Gaspar.
- Former Sun Eric Bledsoe giving Bucks new, exciting dimension
- Suns’ center rotation under spotlight with Monroe, Chandler and Len
- Triano: Suns’ Alex Len playing with desperation in contract year
- Suns’ improved ball movement leads to 32 assists, win over Bulls
- EOTS’ college tipoff NBA Draft Big Board, Part III: Doncic, bigs on top