Former Phoenix Suns great Steve Nash will see his name join the Suns Ring of Honor during halftime Friday night. While the game is being played, Nash will see his face on the calves of the current Suns as they take on the Portland Trail Blazers.
According to a tweet from ESPN’s Marc Stein, the team will wear special edition Steve Nash socks from the league’s sock provider, Stance.
Nash, a two-time MVP, retired last year. He wore the purple and orange for 10 seasons between two different stints (1996-1998, 2004–2012).
Wednesday, for their season-opener against the Dallas Mavericks, they wore black and gray socks to go along with the new black uniforms.
In a video by Sole Access, equipment manager Jay Gaspar showed off the different socks the players will be wearing this year. Outside of the black, gray, orange and white for the Suns, Gaspar mentioned all NBA teams will also have socks for special occasions throughout the year.
Red, white and blue socks are expected in honor of Veterans Day. Special Christmas Day socks were also mentioned by Gaspar.
- Guarantee date on Davon Reed’s contract with Suns is Friday
- ESPN: Dragan Bender, Josh Jackson disappoint in Summer League
- The 5: Takeaways from Summer Suns’ time in Las Vegas
- Javonte Green turns into human highlight reel in Suns’ win over Spurs
- Suns’ Jack Cooley is the coolest guy at Vegas Summer League