Former Phoenix Suns great Steve Nash will see his name join the Suns Ring of Honor during halftime Friday night. While the game is being played, Nash will see his face on the calves of the current Suns as they take on the Portland Trail Blazers.
According to a tweet from ESPN’s Marc Stein, the team will wear special edition Steve Nash socks from the league’s sock provider, Stance.
Nash, a two-time MVP, retired last year. He wore the purple and orange for 10 seasons between two different stints (1996-1998, 2004–2012).
Wednesday, for their season-opener against the Dallas Mavericks, they wore black and gray socks to go along with the new black uniforms.
In a video by Sole Access, equipment manager Jay Gaspar showed off the different socks the players will be wearing this year. Outside of the black, gray, orange and white for the Suns, Gaspar mentioned all NBA teams will also have socks for special occasions throughout the year.
Red, white and blue socks are expected in honor of Veterans Day. Special Christmas Day socks were also mentioned by Gaspar.
- Live voting launched for 1990s Suns bobblehead giveaway
- Former No. 1 overall pick Anthony Bennett reportedly signs with Suns
- In future power rankings, ESPN sees Suns’ timeline as long process
- Report: Alex Len expected to sign with Suns before camp
- Suns announce $1 million grant to build, refurbish 50 basketball courts