It may not be New York, Los Angeles or Boston, but Phoenix’s history of playing home to some of the sporting world’s most distinguished and memorable athletes is rather notable. From one of the NBA’s greatest players and gregarious personalities in Charles Barkley, to one of the most-dominant left-handed pitchers of all-time in Randy Johnson, to the man who led the Arizona Cardinals to their first Super Bowl appearance in Kurt Warner, the Valley has boasted an impressive lineup of star-studded talent over the years.
Below is Cronkite News’ timeline featuring some of Phoenix’s best and brightest professional sports icons.
- Dealing Cards: Fitzgerald retirement talk put on hold, ‘where’s Clowney?’
- Week 11 injury report: Arizona Cardinals at Houston Texans
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Gabbert seen as ‘starter-in-waiting’
- Blaine Gabbert officially named starter for Arizona Cardinals on Sunday
- Cardinals’ David Johnson donates to Boys and Girls Club of Metro Phoenix