It may not be New York, Los Angeles or Boston, but Phoenix’s history of playing home to some of the sporting world’s most distinguished and memorable athletes is rather notable. From one of the NBA’s greatest players and gregarious personalities in Charles Barkley, to one of the most-dominant left-handed pitchers of all-time in Randy Johnson, to the man who led the Arizona Cardinals to their first Super Bowl appearance in Kurt Warner, the Valley has boasted an impressive lineup of star-studded talent over the years.
Below is Cronkite News’ timeline featuring some of Phoenix’s best and brightest professional sports icons.
- Dealing Cards: Bucannon working his way back; Nelson on injury report
- Week 3 NFL Injury Report: Dallas Cowboys at Arizona Cardinals
- Doug and Wolf’s 2017 NFL Power Poll rankings – Week 3
- Behind Enemy Lines: Arizona Cardinals open home slate against Cowboys
- In the face of criticism, Cardinals QB Carson Palmer stays even-keeled