It may not be New York, Los Angeles or Boston, but Phoenix’s history of playing home to some of the sporting world’s most distinguished and memorable athletes is rather notable. From one of the NBA’s greatest players and gregarious personalities in Charles Barkley, to one of the most-dominant left-handed pitchers of all-time in Randy Johnson, to the man who led the Arizona Cardinals to their first Super Bowl appearance in Kurt Warner, the Valley has boasted an impressive lineup of star-studded talent over the years.
Below is Cronkite News’ timeline featuring some of Phoenix’s best and brightest professional sports icons.
- Cardinals notes: Brandon Williams shines in loss to Bears
- Arizona Cardinals can’t hold lines in preseason loss to Bears
- Cardinals fall just short of comeback in preseason loss to Bears
- Bruce Arians’ son Jake not pleased with Cardinals’ first-half performance
- Protecting QB Carson Palmer paramount for Arizona Cardinals