This is Mike Budenholzer, noted 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year and Holbrook, Ariz., native.
The Atlanta Hawks were playing the Miami Heat on Tuesday night when a cameraman during a timeout got a solid shot of Budenholzer drawing up a play as the break drew to a close. Sensing this, Atlanta’s players began filtering out of the huddle and heading back onto the court.
But Coach Bud ain’t done coaching. He’s not going to give in. Gosh darn it, he will squeeze every second out of this timeout, whether anyone is listening or not.
Sigh. Bet that play was super awesome. If only the Hawks players had stuck around to run it.
- Suns’ plane to Denver grounded because of mechanical problems
- Chriss’ game-saving block pushes mistake-prone Suns past Hawks
- Hawks CEO will pay for wedding of couple that met at team’s Tinder night
- Big-name free agents, Suns’ young core a matchmaker’s nightmare
- Could Atlanta’s Paul Millsap end up in Phoenix on sign-and trade?