Newcomers showed well for first-year Sun Devil coach Bobby Hurley in Arizona State’s 102-34 exhibition win against Western New Mexico on Saturday.
Junior college transfer Obinna Oleka scored 18 points, grabbed 12 rebounds and blocked two shots, while Andre Spight (15 points), Tra Holder (13), Kodi Justice (12), Willie Atwood (12), Eric Jacobson (11) and Gerry Blakes (11) scored in double-figures.
Arizona State led Western New Mexico 54-8 by halftime and for the game held its opponent to 17 percent shooting.
Hurley used the game to get a good look at his three new junior college players: Oleka, Spights and Maurice O’Field, who added six points and 11 rebounds.
- Arizona State basketball slips to No. 21 in AP Poll; UA jumps to 11th
- No. 16 Arizona State pulls away late, defeats struggling Cal
- ASU’s Bobby Hurley on slumping Tra Holder: ‘He kind of gets a pass’
- No. 16 Arizona State drops to 2-4 in Pac-12 play after loss to Stanford
- Five-star forward Taeshon Cherry announces commitment to ASU