Major League Baseball named Arizona Diamondbacks first baseman Paul Goldschmidt a 2015 Silver Slugger Award winner on Thursday, making for his second such honor. He becomes the first D-back to win the award twice in his career.
The award is given to the best offensive player at each position for both the American League and National League.
In 2015, Goldschmidt led the Diamondbacks by slashing .321/.435/.570. He ranked fourth in MLB in average and fifth with 110 RBI.
— MLB (@MLB) November 12, 2015
Goldschmidt also won the 2013 Silver Slugger as the National League’s best offensive first baseman.
Los Angeles Dodgers first baseman Adrian Gonzalez earned the honor over Goldschmidt last year.
- D-backs avoid arbitration with 9 players including Ray, Lamb, Pollock
- D-backs reach agreement with Brad Boxberger, avoid arbitration
- D-backs agree to one-year deal with Corbin, avoid arbitration
- Report: Stalemate between Red Sox, J.D. Martinez continues
- D-backs announce pitchers, catchers workouts begin on Valentine’s Day