Major League Baseball named Arizona Diamondbacks first baseman Paul Goldschmidt a 2015 Silver Slugger Award winner on Thursday, making for his second such honor. He becomes the first D-back to win the award twice in his career.
The award is given to the best offensive player at each position for both the American League and National League.
In 2015, Goldschmidt led the Diamondbacks by slashing .321/.435/.570. He ranked fourth in MLB in average and fifth with 110 RBI.
— MLB (@MLB) November 12, 2015
Goldschmidt also won the 2013 Silver Slugger as the National League’s best offensive first baseman.
Los Angeles Dodgers first baseman Adrian Gonzalez earned the honor over Goldschmidt last year.
- In commanding outing, Greinke shows why D-backs paid him $200M
- Zack Greinke dominates Rockies as Diamondbacks avoid sweep
- Bullpen comes up short for D-backs in loss to Rockies
- Goldschmidt shows off baserunning skills in fourth inning against Rockies
- Eight-year-old throws first pitch at D-backs’ game using 3-D-printed hand