Major League Baseball named Arizona Diamondbacks first baseman Paul Goldschmidt a 2015 Silver Slugger Award winner on Thursday, making for his second such honor. He becomes the first D-back to win the award twice in his career.
The award is given to the best offensive player at each position for both the American League and National League.
In 2015, Goldschmidt led the Diamondbacks by slashing .321/.435/.570. He ranked fourth in MLB in average and fifth with 110 RBI.
— MLB (@MLB) November 12, 2015
Goldschmidt also won the 2013 Silver Slugger as the National League’s best offensive first baseman.
Los Angeles Dodgers first baseman Adrian Gonzalez earned the honor over Goldschmidt last year.
- Diamondbacks players pile into pen, attempt to outweigh PBR bucking bull
- D-backs RF Steven Souza Jr. receives good news, MRI shows pectoral strain
- Lovullo: Souza has right pectoral strain, likely to start season on DL
- Diamondbacks RHP Matt Koch optioned to Triple-A
- D-backs’ Souza exits Cactus League game after straining right shoulder