Both the Arizona State Sun Devils and Arizona Wildcats will look a little different uniform-wise when they take the field Saturday afternoon in the annual Territorial Cup game in Tempe.
The Sun Devils (5-5) won’t be dressed in their traditional maroon and gold garb, instead opting for the “Be the Hammer” uniform unveiled by adidas earlier this season.
— SunDevilEquipment (@SunDevilEquip) November 16, 2015
The Sun Devils wore the anthracite helmet with the copper pitchfork logo in a win over UCLA on Oct.3, but since they were the road team, they had to wear white jerseys. This will be the first time the full look will be worn. Meanwhile, the Wildcats (6-5) will once again wear their red chrome helmets, first seen in a game against UCLA on Sept. 26.
— Arizona Football (@ArizonaFBall) November 20, 2015
As the road team, Arizona will wear white jerseys, and white pants.
— Mark Gehrke (@realmarkgehrke) November 20, 2015
In case you were wondering, the Wildcats are 2-2 while wearing red helmets this season, including an 0-1 mark in the chrome lids.
- Arizona basketball earns commitment from Cornell transfer Stone Gettings
- UA’s Allonzo Trier, Rawle Alkins conclude first NBA Summer League
- Top plays with Arizona ties from the 2017 college football season
- Suns dip into in-state pool again by selecting Arizona’s Deandre Ayton
- ASU’s Harry, UA’s Tate land on Athlon’s preseason All-American team