Arizona State used five plays of 30+ yards in the first half to jump out to a 31-10 lead over Arizona in the 2015 Territorial Cup and Mike Bercovici and Devin Lucien had a large part in that.
A 58-yard Bercovici to Lucien connection on the third drive of the game for the Sun Devils set up their first touchdown of the game.
Arizona punted for the fourth time in the quarter and Arizona State capitalized again. As you would guess, it was Bercovici to Lucien again. This time however, Lucien would score on his own.
That 59-yard bomb gave the Sun Devils dominant control of the Territorial Cup.
Bercovici finished the first half with 231 yards passing and 147 of them were to Lucien. Sun Devil fans will be able to look back on those two catches from Lucien as the plays that broke the game open in Tempe and led to a large halftime deficit in favor of Sparky.
- Arizona State basketball slips to No. 21 in AP Poll; UA jumps to 11th
- No. 16 Arizona State pulls away late, defeats struggling Cal
- ASU’s Bobby Hurley on slumping Tra Holder: ‘He kind of gets a pass’
- No. 16 Arizona State drops to 2-4 in Pac-12 play after loss to Stanford
- Five-star forward Taeshon Cherry announces commitment to ASU