Arizona State used five plays of 30+ yards in the first half to jump out to a 31-10 lead over Arizona in the 2015 Territorial Cup and Mike Bercovici and Devin Lucien had a large part in that.
A 58-yard Bercovici to Lucien connection on the third drive of the game for the Sun Devils set up their first touchdown of the game.
Arizona punted for the fourth time in the quarter and Arizona State capitalized again. As you would guess, it was Bercovici to Lucien again. This time however, Lucien would score on his own.
That 59-yard bomb gave the Sun Devils dominant control of the Territorial Cup.
Bercovici finished the first half with 231 yards passing and 147 of them were to Lucien. Sun Devil fans will be able to look back on those two catches from Lucien as the plays that broke the game open in Tempe and led to a large halftime deficit in favor of Sparky.
- In no time, Queen Creek’s Casteel High becomes dominant football program
- Former ASU stars Plummer, Poole to make Heisman tour appearance
- ASU’s Hurley: Forward Romello White will have ‘breakout’ year
- Sun Devils’ season hanging by thread with No. 24 Oregon on deck
- Fork Report: Arizona State’s comeback comes up short against Texas Tech