Arizona, who made it to the Elite Eight in 2014 and 2015, has been no. 10 in the Coaches Poll since the beginning of the season, but moved up one spot in the AP Poll this week.
Senior guard Gabe York leads the Wildcats with 16 points per game. Also averaging double-figures are true freshman Allonzo Trier, with 13.7 points per game, and senior forward Ryan Anderson, with 13.3.
Anderson had double-doubles in his first two games with Arizona since transferring from Boston College. His 10.3 rebounds per game lead the team and he ranks 13th in the country in defensive rebounds per game with 8.67 per outing.
Next on the schedule for the Wildcats is the DirecTV Wooden Legacy in Fullerton, California where Arizona will take on Santa Clara on Thanksgiving.
- Brandon Dawkins remains Arizona football’s starting QB against UTEP
- As GCU completes D-I transition, Pac-12 relationship remains complicated
- Wallowing in the wake of Arizona’s lost football weekend
- Arizona changes quarterbacks twice, falls to Houston at home
- Arizona football’s youth gets its first test against Northern Arizona