TEMPE, Ariz. — The Arizona Cardinals added defensive tackle Red Bryant Thursday after placing linebacker LaMarr Woodley on the injured reserve list with a chest injury.
Bryant has played seven years in the NFL and started every game with the Jacksonville Jaguars last year. The 6-foot-4, 323-pounder has accumulated 142 tackles, 14 for a loss, 4.5 sacks sacks and two forced fumbles and two interceptions during his career.
Bryant, who will wear No. 71, was released by the Jaguars in March, spent training camp with the Buffalo Bills and was released Sept. 5.
This is Woodley’s first year with the Cards after seven years with the Pittsburgh Steelers and one year with the Oakland Raiders. He notched 10 combined tackles and one sack in 10 games started this year.
- NFL head coaching job tracker: Titans hire Mike Vrabel to replace Mularkey
- Report: Cardinals want second interview with Patriots’ Brian Flores
- Armstrong, Wilks complete second interviews as Cards’ search rolls on
- Arians endorses Bettcher, Armstrong for Cardinals’ head coaching job
- PFF: Budda Baker a top performer among 2017 second rounders