TEMPE, Ariz. — The Arizona Cardinals added defensive tackle Red Bryant Thursday after placing linebacker LaMarr Woodley on the injured reserve list with a chest injury.
Bryant has played seven years in the NFL and started every game with the Jacksonville Jaguars last year. The 6-foot-4, 323-pounder has accumulated 142 tackles, 14 for a loss, 4.5 sacks sacks and two forced fumbles and two interceptions during his career.
Bryant, who will wear No. 71, was released by the Jaguars in March, spent training camp with the Buffalo Bills and was released Sept. 5.
This is Woodley’s first year with the Cards after seven years with the Pittsburgh Steelers and one year with the Oakland Raiders. He notched 10 combined tackles and one sack in 10 games started this year.
- Blaine Gabbert has an opportunity to quiet the naysayers in Houston
- Behind Enemy Lines: Texans host Cardinals in midst of three-game skid
- Budda Baker going from understudy to a critical part of the defense
- Clayton: Fitzgerald signing is independent from Arians and Palmer
- Dealing Cards: Fitzgerald retirement talk put on hold, ‘where’s Clowney?’