Max Domi is off to quite a start in the desert. Through his first 23 games with the Arizona Coyotes, the left wing ranks second among all NHL rookies in points, goals and assists.
But Domi impresses off the ice as well.
On Monday, Domi posted a picture to his Instagram in honor of Diabetes Awareness Month. He asked followers and fans to like the picture with the promise that he would donate one dollar for each like to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
In honour of it being Diabetes Awareness month, I will donate $1 to @jdrf_canada for every LIKE on this picture. Thank you for your support! ?? A photo posted by Max Domi (@max_domi) on
The cause hits close to home for Domi, who has been a Type 1 diabetic since age 12.
Domi’s Instagram post — which already has more than 17,000 likes — isn’t the first time that the 20-year old has used his platform to bring attention to diabetes.
In July, Domi was part of a video campaign called Powered By Accuracy in support of diabetes research and advocacy.
- Arizona Coyotes fall on the road to Calgary Flames, Mike Smith
- Video: Former Coyotes captain Shane Doan talks in-studio
- Coyotes announce Gila River Arena ice ready for Saturday game
- Coyotes’ Niklas Hjalmarsson insists his mileage isn’t a problem
- Coyotes’ Keller, Fischer shine in win over Ducks to open preseason