They’ve taken it to a new level this season.
The Naval Academy released photos of the hand-painted helmets they’ll wear against Army in Philadelphia Dec. 12. Midshipmen players will wear different ships on their helmets based on what position they play.
Wide Receivers’ helmets will feature submarines.
Quarterback Keenan Reynolds will have an aircraft carrier on his headgear.
The uniforms, designed by Under Armour, will feature a number font used on Navy ships.
Overall, it’s a great look.
Check out more photos here on NavySports.com.
- Arizona coaching search led to Sumlin after Navy’s Niumatalolo declined offer
- Army unveils World War II-inspired uniforms for Army-Navy game
- Navy debuts new uniforms inspired by Blue Angels for Army-Navy game
- Army-Navy the best rivalry in college football…and it’s not particularly close
- Army, Navy drop uniform combinations before their 2016 game