Running back Andre Ellington, defensive end Frostee Rucker and cornerback Jerraud Powers have all been ruled out for the Arizona Cardinals matchup with the St. Louis Rams Sunday, according to head coach Bruce Arians.
Ellington, who hasn’t practiced all week with a toe injury from the Cardinals’ win against San Francisco 49ers, has 247 rushing yards and three touchdowns.
“He’s over in California getting worked on, so we’ll wait and see,” Arians said in his Friday press conference when asked about an outlook on his injury. It was reported earlier this week that the Cardinals were trying to connect him with a Los Angeles foot specialist.
Powers, with 42 tackles, one sack and one interception this season, has been sidelined with a calf injury this week. Rucker has 24 tackles on the season, adding two sacks and one forced fumble. He has been out with an ankle injury he sustained against the Cincinnati Bengals in Week 11.
Arians added Cory Redding is getting better and will be listed as questionable for the game.
- Armstrong, Wilks complete second interviews as Cards’ search rolls on
- Arians endorses Bettcher, Armstrong for Cardinals’ head coaching job
- PFF: Budda Baker a top performer among 2017 second rounders
- Browns to hire former Cardinals special teams coach Amos Jones
- Mel Kiper’s first 2018 NFL mock draft has Cardinals taking DB