There’s no doubt Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill deserves a lot of credit for the Cards’ success, and apparently his team feels the same.
Larry Fitzgerald and Patrick Peterson showed their appreciation for Bidwill with an ice bath after the Cardinals defeated the St. Louis Rams on the road Sunday.
This was the Cardinals 10th win of the season, the first time they’ve had a 10-2 start since 1948. Since Bidwill took over as president in 2007, the Cardinals have gone .500 or better in seven of nine seasons. That only happened twice in the previous 20 years.
Turns out it was Bidwill’s birthday Sunday — and who doesn’t want surprise ice water soaking your probably really expensive suit as a way to celebrate 51 years on this earth?
At least Bruce Arians gave Bidwill the game ball later in the locker room. He should teach his star players how to gift properly now that the holiday season is upon us.
- David Johnson, Josh Rosen highlight ESPN’s NFL 2021 predictions
- USA Today: Cardinals not expected to contend for playoffs in 2018-19
- Arizona Cardinals rank No. 41 in Forbes’ 2018 most valuable franchises
- Keim’s absence comes as Cardinals talk complicated Johnson extension
- Cardinals suspend GM Steve Keim for five weeks after he pleads guilty to DUI