There’s no doubt Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill deserves a lot of credit for the Cards’ success, and apparently his team feels the same.
Larry Fitzgerald and Patrick Peterson showed their appreciation for Bidwill with an ice bath after the Cardinals defeated the St. Louis Rams on the road Sunday.
This was the Cardinals 10th win of the season, the first time they’ve had a 10-2 start since 1948. Since Bidwill took over as president in 2007, the Cardinals have gone .500 or better in seven of nine seasons. That only happened twice in the previous 20 years.
Turns out it was Bidwill’s birthday Sunday — and who doesn’t want surprise ice water soaking your probably really expensive suit as a way to celebrate 51 years on this earth?
At least Bruce Arians gave Bidwill the game ball later in the locker room. He should teach his star players how to gift properly now that the holiday season is upon us.
- NFL head coaching job tracker: Titans hire Mike Vrabel to replace Mularkey
- Schefter: Raiders interviewed Arizona’s Kevin Sumlin for OC position
- Report: Cardinals want second interview with Patriots’ Brian Flores
- Air Force Academy cancels athletic events due to government shutdown
- Armstrong, Wilks complete second interviews as Cards’ search rolls on