The Arizona Cardinals placed guard/tackle Earl Watford on injured reserve Tuesday with a hand injury. In a corresponding move, the team also elevated safety D.J. Swearinger from the practice squad to the active roster.
A third-year pro, Watford started the first two games of the season at right tackle but has played sparingly since. He was inactive Sunday in St. Louis.
Swearinger was signed by the Cardinals on Dec. 1. A 2013 second-round pick out of South Carolina by the Houston Texans, he has career totals of 109 tackles, three interceptions, 10 passes defensed, one sack, four forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries.
The Cardinals’ next game is Thursday at home against the Minnesota Vikings. Kickoff is set for 6:25 p.m. and the game can be heard on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM.
- Saints whiff on tackle, Vikings score impossible game-winning TD
- Vikings QB Case Keenum celebrates with the mannequin challenge
- Vikings’ QB situation could be a thing to watch for Cardinals
- Host and reporters analysis: Who will be Cardinals next head coach?
- Arizona Cardinals’ John Brown, Kerwynn Williams to play vs. NY Giants