For the third time this season, Phoenix Suns forward P.J. Tucker used social media to tease and promote the shoes he’ll auction off on Saturday at the Kicks For Kids event that will benefit a local Boys and Girls Club.
— SoleCollector.com (@SoleCollector) December 12, 2015
This time, Tucker wore the “Red October” Air Yeezy II shoes, the third version of Kanye West’s shoe that he’s worn this year.
Hours before the Suns tipped off against the Portland Trail Blazers, Tucker took to Instagram asking his fans what they’d like to see him wear.
“I’m gonna wear whatever shoe is requested most in tonight’s game against the Blazers,” Tucker wrote. “I have a feeling what will win but let’s see what wins.”
Indeed, he was asked to lace up in the Air Yeezy’s, which could bother some snobby sneakerheads who value the kicks in light of what they’re worth — some have sold for several thousand dollars.
But Tucker is doing this for a good cause.
The silent auction charity event will take place beginning at 9 p.m. at the W Scottsdale on Saturday, according to Tucker’s promotional content shared on Instagram.
- Suns’ Chriss, Dudley fined by NBA for altercation against Utah
- Suns recall big man Alan Williams from Northern Arizona
- NBA Draft Lottery odds tracker: Suns sniffing three first-round picks
- Suns assign Alan Williams to NAZ as he nears return from knee injury
- Phoenix Suns’ Alan Williams: ‘I just want to get out there and play’