Arizona freshman Allonzo Trier was named Pac-12 Player of the Week on Monday after he helped lead the Wildcats to a pair of wins, including Sunday over Missouri, 88-52, and Wednesday over Fresno State, 85-72.
The 6-foot-4 inch guard from Seattle averaged 21.0 points while shooting 72 percent from the field in the two games.
Against Missouri, Trier scored 15 points while hitting 5-of-7 shots — including 2-of-3 from 3-point range — to help extend the Wildcats’ home win streak to 44 games.
Trier is averaging 13.2 points this season and, over the Wildcats’ current four game win streak, is pouring in 17.3 points a game.
Arizona (9-1) is ranked No. 13 in the latest Associated Press Poll and No. 12 in the USA Today Coaches Poll. The Wildcats have three non-conference games remaining as they will host Northern Arizona, UNLV and Long Beach State. Arizona will open Pac-12 play Jan. 3 against Arizona State in Tempe.
- A short wait: NCAA awards Phoenix its second Final Four
- Pac-12 releases 2018-19 weekly pairings for ASU, Arizona basketball
- Arizona basketball earns commitment from Cornell transfer Stone Gettings
- UA’s Allonzo Trier, Rawle Alkins conclude first NBA Summer League
- Cashing out: Legalized sports gambling raises addiction concerns