Suns center Tyson Chandler and his bath tub in New York once hosted Justin Bieber’s baptism.
There, the lede is not buried.
Complex Sports reports that the January 2016 print version of GQ will feature such a true story in an article about Bieber.
Here are the basic details. Bieber, the pop super-star, was hanging out with Pastor Carl Lentz, leader of the international Hillsong church. Overcome with emotion, he asked Lentz to be baptized, but after a few of Lentz’s leads to find a pool to do so failed — the paparazzi had caught wind of this — he called another follower of the Hillsong church.
Chandler was his guy.
Apparently, Lentz baptized The Biebs in Chandler’s bathtub.
A few years back, Bieber posted an Instagram photo of himself, Lentz, Chandler and Thunder star Kevin Durant, so this is certainly plausible.
You better belieb it.
- Suns will hold camp in Flagstaff, scrimmage in Prescott Valley
- Report: Suns to sign Iowa product Peter Jok for training camp
- For the Suns, the Kyrie Irving-Isaiah Thomas trade provides an ironic twist
- Suns’ Josh Jackson voted top defender by 2017 draft class
- Get it? During eclipse, other NBA teams block out the Suns