Arizona Cardinals linebacker/safety Deone Bucannon was named the NFC Defensive Player of the Week for his performance in a 40-17 win over the Philadelphia Eagles.
Bucannon registered 11 total tackles and returned an interception 39 yards for a touchdown in the Cardinals’ NFC West-clinching victory.
The 2014 first-round draft pick leads the team with 110 total tackles to go along with two quarterback sacks and two forced fumbles.
It’s the first time Bucannon has earned the weekly award in his career and it’s the second time a Cardinals player has won the Defensive Player of the Week honor this season. Tyrann Mathieu won it following the Cardinals’ 47-7 win over San Francisco in Week 3.
- Behind Enemy Lines: Washington prepares to host Cardinals in Week 15
- Jermaine Gresham out Sunday, Gabe Holmes called up from practice squad
- Dealing Cards: Counting on Kerwynn Williams in absence of Peterson
- Cardinals place Adrian Peterson on IR, claim C.J. Goodwin off waivers
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Baker, Bethea are full-speed and ready to go