Arizona Cardinals linebacker/safety Deone Bucannon was named the NFC Defensive Player of the Week for his performance in a 40-17 win over the Philadelphia Eagles.
Bucannon registered 11 total tackles and returned an interception 39 yards for a touchdown in the Cardinals’ NFC West-clinching victory.
The 2014 first-round draft pick leads the team with 110 total tackles to go along with two quarterback sacks and two forced fumbles.
It’s the first time Bucannon has earned the weekly award in his career and it’s the second time a Cardinals player has won the Defensive Player of the Week honor this season. Tyrann Mathieu won it following the Cardinals’ 47-7 win over San Francisco in Week 3.
- Dealing Cards: Fitzgerald sticks up for WRs, believes Boldin is a Hall of Famer
- Cardinals QB Blaine Gabbert is ‘still in that learning phase’
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: All-Access with Bruce Arians, Aug. 22
- Arians: Drew Stanton will be Cardinals backup quarterback
- Cardinals activate $LB Deone Bucannon from PUP list