DENVER — Mikkel Boedker scored at 4:17 of overtime and Anders Lindback stopped 38 shots, helping the Arizona Coyotes beat the Colorado Avalanche 2-1 on Sunday night.
Boedker corralled a loose puck at his own blue line and skated in all alone on Semyon Varlamov, lifting a shot over the stick of the Colorado goalie.
Arizona was a little sluggish early in the game after losing in overtime to Los Angeles the night before. But the Coyotes came on strong in the third with Michael Stone tying the game on a wrist shot.
Jarome Iginla scored his 599th career goal on a power play in the first period. He’s one away from becoming the 19th NHL player to reach the 600-goal mark, a milestone he can reach Monday when the Avalanche travel to San Jose.
- Challenges of Coyotes’ growth process magnified by sluggish start
- ‘Yotes Notes: Antti Raanta not ready, Zac Rinaldo is
- Coyotes recall goalie Adin Hill, assign Marek Langhamer to Tucson
- Tocchet on loss to Bruins: ‘I’m kind of embarrassed for the fans’
- Arizona Coyotes remain winless after falling to Boston Bruins