Just when you thought you had seen the latest in jersey technology, the Columbia Fireflies decide to up the ante.
The Single-A affiliate of the New York Mets was previously the Savannah Sand Gnats, but upon moving changed their name and, of course, their look.
The team took the firefly theme to heart, as their jerseys and hats will both glow in the dark.
You read that right.
Those look cool, right? Well, check this out:
Unfortunately, chances are the glow-in-the-dark powers will be unrecognizable while the players are on the field given that you kind of need light in order to play baseball.
That said, anyone who decides to rock the team’s look on their own is welcome to keep the lights off, though we are not responsible for any injuries that may occur due to tripping over things, walking into walls or anything else that may befall you at the time.
- Pitcher Merrill Kelly deals gem in Diamondbacks’ win over Mets
- Torey Lovullo: It takes courage to play D-backs OF Tim Locastro’s game
- D-backs snap 5-game losing streak with extra innings win over Mets
- Phoenix Mercury unveil jerseys for 2019 season, debut new badge
- Heat’s Dwyane Wade surprised with ‘jerseys’ from lives he’s touched