Mike Oz of Yahoo! Sports has a video segment on their website where he and guests rip into old packs of baseball cards.
Earlier this spring, Oz unearthed some 1991 Donruss cards with D-backs relievers Brad Ziegler and Tyler Clippard.
Now, he’s caught up with one of the foremost card collectors in the world, who also happens to the managing general partner of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Ken Kendrick’s card collection is on display at the Phoenix Art Museum and has been valued at $10 million. Kendrick’s prized possession is the T206 Honus Wagner card, which he purchased for a reported $2.8 million in 2007.
But Kendrick is a big-time collector, and seemed more than happy to delve into a box of unopened 1991 Upper Deck cards with Oz.
- Diamondbacks add left-hander Jared Miller to 40-man roster
- D-backs, MLB teams release New Era 2018 spring training hats
- The 5: Most thrilling debut seasons in Valley sports history
- D-backs’ Goldschmidt finishes third in NL MVP voting, Marlins’ Stanton wins
- J.D. Martinez’s agent keeps making hilarious metaphors