Mike Oz of Yahoo! Sports has a video segment on their website where he and guests rip into old packs of baseball cards.
Earlier this spring, Oz unearthed some 1991 Donruss cards with D-backs relievers Brad Ziegler and Tyler Clippard.
Now, he’s caught up with one of the foremost card collectors in the world, who also happens to the managing general partner of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Ken Kendrick’s card collection is on display at the Phoenix Art Museum and has been valued at $10 million. Kendrick’s prized possession is the T206 Honus Wagner card, which he purchased for a reported $2.8 million in 2007.
But Kendrick is a big-time collector, and seemed more than happy to delve into a box of unopened 1991 Upper Deck cards with Oz.
- ESPN: Yasmany Tomas has the D-backs’ worst contract
- ESPN’s Olney: Red Sox offered Martinez deal in range of $100 million
- D-backs avoid arbitration with 9 players including Ray, Lamb, Pollock
- D-backs reach agreement with Brad Boxberger, avoid arbitration
- D-backs agree to one-year deal with Corbin, avoid arbitration