Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder A.J. Pollock exited the D-backs exhibition game Friday against the Kansas City Royals after fracturing his right elbow.
Earlier this week Pollock said he was “ready to go” for Opening Day after missing most of the D-backs’ spring training games because of a right elbow injury.
Pollock was bothered by soreness in his right elbow for most of March.
The 28-year-old is coming off a breakout 2015 season. He finished the season hitting .315 with 20 home runs and 76 RBI. That earned him his first All-Star appearance and Gold Glove.
- D-backs avoid arbitration with 9 players including Ray, Lamb, Pollock
- D-backs reach agreement with Brad Boxberger, avoid arbitration
- D-backs agree to one-year deal with Corbin, avoid arbitration
- Report: Stalemate between Red Sox, J.D. Martinez continues
- D-backs announce pitchers, catchers workouts begin on Valentine’s Day