— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) April 2, 2016
Everyone hopes that after a bad breakup, you can laugh about it and remember the good times. It might take some time for Suns fans to remember the good times Markieff Morris gave Phoenix, but for his new team, they decided to be a little mischievous in his return to the desert, on April Fools’ no less.
The Washington Wizards put out Morris’ old Phoenix Suns jersey, nameplate and orange shoes in his locker before the game Friday night.
Seeing his old gear might have pumped him up for the reunion even more, as the ex-Sun torched his former team, scoring 21 points on 8-of-15 shooting, en route to a 106-99 victory for the Wizards.
While Morris may have gotten the last laugh in Friday’s game, Washington’s recent struggles have them on the outside of the playoff picture looking in. Not only will it be a blow to a team that was the No. 5 seed in last year’s postseason to miss the playoffs outright, but Phoenix will also acquire Washington’s lottery pick in the upcoming draft.
Looks like the joke really is on the Morris and the Wizards.
- Suns Strokes: Josh Jackson’s big night not enough as Suns fall to Warriors
- Suns’ Chriss, Dudley fined by NBA for altercation against Utah
- Suns recall big man Alan Williams from Northern Arizona
- NBA Draft Lottery odds tracker: Suns sniffing three first-round picks
- Suns assign Alan Williams to NAZ as he nears return from knee injury