All the local stars were out at Chase Field Monday for the Arizona Diamondbacks’ Opening Day clash with the Colorado Rockies.
Before the game, local celebrities Grumpy Cat and Randy Johnson got acquainted.
Comedian Frank Caliendo stopped by as well to check in on all the festivities before first pitch.
He also got his photo with Grumpy Cat, which includes a rare photo of no Grumpy Cat face and Caliendo’s classic Jon Gruden impression.
The star of the show, however, would be beloved Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald.
The nine-time Pro Bowler threw out the first pitch to kickoff the D-backs 2016 campaign.
The result isn’t much of a surprise. Fitz throws a strike, gets the “Larry, Larry” chants and starts the season right for Arizona.
- D-backs Wild Card playoff game sells out in less than two hours
- Sedona Red Recap: Martinez strikes again as D-backs clinch playoffs
- D-backs playoff tickets go on sale Monday morning
- Arizona Diamondbacks clinch first postseason spot since 2011
- Sedona Red Recap: D-backs’ loss to Miami puts playoff clinch on hold