All the local stars were out at Chase Field Monday for the Arizona Diamondbacks’ Opening Day clash with the Colorado Rockies.
Before the game, local celebrities Grumpy Cat and Randy Johnson got acquainted.
Comedian Frank Caliendo stopped by as well to check in on all the festivities before first pitch.
He also got his photo with Grumpy Cat, which includes a rare photo of no Grumpy Cat face and Caliendo’s classic Jon Gruden impression.
The star of the show, however, would be beloved Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald.
The nine-time Pro Bowler threw out the first pitch to kickoff the D-backs 2016 campaign.
The result isn’t much of a surprise. Fitz throws a strike, gets the “Larry, Larry” chants and starts the season right for Arizona.
- Diamondbacks add left-hander Jared Miller to 40-man roster
- D-backs, MLB teams release New Era 2018 spring training hats
- Help wanted: Cards GM Keim actively seeking wide receivers
- Big Red Recap: Cardinals’ playoff hopes all but dashed in loss to Texans
- Budda Baker shines in first full game as Cardinals starting safety